After years and years moving from city to city, I realize, you can take girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl. So when I heard about Ben Paletsky opening South Farms venue for weddings in Morris (a stone's throw from where we grew up) I had to go see it for myself. The farm has been hosting extremely popular (and I hear entertaining) farmers markets for a while now, but this is it's first season as an event venue.
It is still under construction but it is not hard to see the vision. If you can't see it yet, I will help you out, I am styling a wedding shoot at the farm in March so you can see how amazing this place is for the Connecticut bride. We will be collaborating with the best Connecticut vendors for this shoot that is inspired by New England style.
Ben Paletsky is the owner, farmer and man with the plan. It's sort of the "field of dreams" of wedding venues. You would think there would be a lot of historic barn venues in Connecticut that value local and environmentally responsible practices, but there just aren't. Until now. . .
The main venue is under construction so I'm going to wait to post BEFORE and AFTERS.
So let's get down to details.
- Hosts 300 guests and 600 guests with added tent.
- Loads of onsite parking that your guests will be able to walk in heels to your wedding in.
- Heat and AC all the amenities you will need.
- Preferred vendors to keep life simple (you are renting just the venue, let their planner help with the rest)
- All the the charm that is authentically Connecticut. I do believe this is a little corner of heaven.